Wednesday 21 December 2011

Thankful for Blogging and The Leibster Awards… and an Idea!

Yesterday I discovered some very pleasant news. The lovely Yvette from Delightfully Tacky Lil Squirts squirts has passed a Leibster award on to me!!!


*Ta Daaa*


‘Leibster’ is German for ‘dearest’ and there is a great description of it here on The Bling Buoy.   The award is given  to inspirational bloggers with less than 200 Followers. It is now my task to pass the award on to five bloggers.

I have been blogging now for almost 2 months! I wasn’t sure what to expect from this adventure. So far I have experienced a few up and downs but today has definitely been an up! you see, to be included in the Leibster process has demonstrated to me that I have started to make connections and friends in this wonderful place called the Blogosphere….and this is what I am extremely thankful for.

I have a small group of followers that I am specially grateful for and appreciate very much….Thank you!!

I have really enjoyed reading the blogs of others and I have learnt so much, not just about you, but about me! I have also really enjoyed the process of writing, and have been able to better understand myself and build my character!

For me, it is a similar experience to when I moved from a small country town and started University. I was amazed that there were others like me who loved science and learning. Through blogging, I have welcomed support from other SAHMs. I have almost felt a part of the day-to –day struggles of other family’s raising children, especially children  with a special need, like dispraxia or autism . I have also been able to connect with other youth sports parents who are equally passionate abut their child’s participation in sport. I have even had people try some of my recipes and had some of my posts included in online papers! I have really begun to feel part of these on-line communities.

Since it is almost the end of the year, I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to those who have read or commented on my posts. A big thank you too to those bloggers who have replied to my comments. I appreciate that everyone is very busy, but as a newbie blogger,  it is really nice when somebody takes the time to comment or reply to one of my comments.

I would also like to thank the bloggers that have included me in their link-ups. Your buttons are all proudly displayed on my side bar!! This as been the biggest factor that has made me feel a part of this terrific online community.

I’ll just finish by putting out there an idea that I have for next year. I have started a ‘Youth Sports Saturday’ where I will write about a particular aspect of youth sport or tell you about the experiences of my children in their week-end sport. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in linking up and sharing stories of their children’s sporting endeavors over the week-end. These posts could take the form of a story describing a sporting or dance event, or some sports action shots or videos. Even a physical activity  that is not an organized sport such as bush walking, running around at the playground or kicking the footy in the back garden!

 Kids often work hard and with so much enthusiasm with their sport. It would be great to create a community where people could share their and their children’s passion for sport. I hope that this might act to inspire and motivate parents to get their kids participation in an active lifestyle. I honestly believe that being involved in a spot or physical activity is of tremendous heath, educational and social benefits to children. Wouldn’t this be a great way to recognize and encourage them in this??

Please let me know if you are interested in sharing your children adventures in sport or physical activity….wherever you are in the world. I hope to get this up and running (!) early next year.

Now its time for me to pass on the Leibster award.

Part of the process is to:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it you.
2. Reveal your five blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that people you have sent the award to forward it on to their favorite bloggers.

 Although I have only been bloging for a very short time, I have really enjoyed reading these wonderful blogs and interacting on the comments. I offer you my heartfelt  Thank you for welcoming me to the blogosphere and for the friendship you have extended to me!

VB    @ fitmum 
Elizabeth @xmomof2    
Rhianna @ A Parenting Life

I have linked this post to Kate at Kate Says Stuff  for Thankful Thursday, come an see what the other wonderful bloggers are grateful for!




11 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the Liebster award! :) I received it too when I first started out and was so happy to know that somebody cared enough to pass it on to me :)

    Looking forward to knowing more about you in time to come. My Lil girl is too young for actual "sports" but it's a new and interesting link up which I'm sure the other mums wilts older kids will like!

    Merry Christmas!
    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats such a lovely post :)

    Your welcome.. Its such a nice feeling that someone else out there actually appreciates your writing!

    I sometimes feel that my writing is not up to scratch as the more developed blogs. But then it wouldn't be me or my personality!

    Keeping it real! :) Have a fabulous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! Thanks! Super chuffed. Mental note: check emails and blog feed BEFORE writing YLSNED post for the day.

    Will have to write my list for tomorrow's post instead. And thank you also for extending your blog friendship to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Youth Sports Saturday sounds fab! Will definitely be checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for linking up today! I'll be following along with interest, my older 3 kids are very very active indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ai! Thankyou for your kind comments. That's just how I feel about the Liebster! I look forward to getting to know you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Yvette! I have so much to learn about this blogging caper! But I'm enjoying the process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome Emily! I have really enjoyed getting to know you though your Blog! And thanks for liking my Youth Sports Idea....much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kate, I have left a comment on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thank you so very much for sharing this award with me, it was just what I needed after today. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for passing the award on to me. I will definitely pass it on to bloggers who inspire me, however I'm in the US on holidays at the moment so things are super slow on my blog!
    Thank you again and I'm so glad you enjoy!
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete