Saturday 4 February 2012

Special Chicken Soup (Hand Written)

I first came across this wonderful warming and rejuvenating soup one very, very miserable day.

All 5 members of the sporty family had been struck down with gastro…..all at the same time. I discovered it takes amazing strength of will to look after and clean up after a child, when you just need want to lie down and suffer.

Our kind neighbors knocked on the door and delivered a pot of amazing chicken soup. The soup and the kindness that delivered it was a life saver….It was our “Fresh Horses to Ride” .




My neighbor has since given me the recipe and it has become a staple in our house. Particularly on cold, rainy nights, or when somebody is feeling a little poorly.

In support and solidarity with one simply amazing and inspirational blogger; Edenland (and because I know what it’s like to be swinging in the breeze!). I have decided to join with the Fresh Horse Brigade (or perhaps the Fresh Horse Stampede) and  I have hand written the recipe.

Please forgive my many spelling mistakes, I am a simply awful speller. I fail miserably in the style department as I’ve never learnt how to do lovely cursive writing.  I was never the sort of girl that dotted my 'i' with a heart. I couldn’t even find nice stationary and had to use a piece of copy paper. I guess I just am what I am….

I hope you enjoy the recipe anyway.....


Funnily enough...most of my recipes are written by me, just like this!

There are many more hand written blog posts here, at the Fresh Horses Brigade.



Edenland's Fresh Horses Brigade

9 comments:

  1. I love a handwritten note - but a handwritten recipe is even better.
    Looks like the perfect remedy.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love it if my handwriting was better, I've always been a little embarrassed by it!

      Delete
  2. Yay to Fresh Horse, handwriting and special neighbours bearing yummy chicken soup...hope all are on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love good soups and this one looks wonderful. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. This soup has become a real family favorite.

      Delete
  4. This sounds perfect! I am always on the lookout for a great chicken soup recipe as the kids actually love it!! Will let you know how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I once made this for my extended family while on holiday....I returned a year later and my 8 year old nephew's firsts words were....can you make that soup again Auntie Nicole??? True Story!

      Delete
  5. Nicole, you GOT IT! How gorgeous that your neighbours sent you some Fresh Horses that day so you could ride on. Ride ON sister! And I never have any nice swirly stationary either.

    Thank you so much for linking up!

    eden x

    ReplyDelete